2.21.2009

Whats GoinG on?

I read this book during my fist year of college and I was going through an old box of stuff at my studio and there it was. I thought it was long gone. Its a great book and if your a visual artist you really should pick it up. I'm going through it again. Here is a quote from the book. "Seeing comes before words. The child looks and recognizes before it can speak.""But there is also another sense in which seeing comes before words. It is seeing which establishes our place in the surrounding world; we explain that world with words, but word can never undo the fact that we are surrounded by it. The relation between what we see and what we know is never settled." John Berger

We have set a date for the wedding and its 7•11•09 in the Great Lakes State. We are in full-born planning, but for some reason I can't find a yellow tux? If you find one out there drop me a line.

I've been listening to
Animale Collective Merriwearther Post Pavilion. I'v never been a fan of this group. Most of their albums I've heard but nothing really clicked with me. Not the case with this album, one time around and I was hooked. The melodies running through Merriwearther will keep you coming back and wanting more. You guys have found something special and I do hope you keep it up! Go Animale Collective go! I have a feeling we will be hearing from these guys at the end of the year.

I have taken a liking to Racquetball Ball, its a great sport and fun to play. If my skills keep improving, which they are everytime I pick up the racket(!) I might just look into joining a league. Only been playing for about 4 weeks and one of those weeks I had to take a break for beer and darts, well mainly beer. I've heard that drinking beer after you run a lot is good for you, but my friends don't believe me.

Oh this is not so funny(well maybe just a bit) I'm shooting a wedding last weekend and its going great. Got a couple of really good keepers, winners as I like to say. Well i'm at the reception and I go down to take a picture of this little boy dancing and I hear this clenk inside my camera!? I"m like that is weird what could that have been? Take off my lens and pop there goes my mirror right on the ground! I"m like &%$@! Yeah, so the rest of the night I couldn't see through the camera and I couldn't auto Focus. Come to find out Canon knows about this problem and will fix it for free, just send me a whole new camera for my trouble..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

funny... I was just looking at that book again the other day... I keep meaning to reread it too. Maybe now is the time.

Laura L. Davis said...

yowza, what camera do you have? i use canon too and now i'm all freaked out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails