10.01.2010

The Social Network

Nothing gets my blood pumping more than a David Fincher movie. His movies always seem to be way ahead of the times. The dark material, along with his superior story telling, not to mention the cinematography make it worth shedding out $12 bones to see it on the big screen.  I will never forget the feeling I got sitting in the theater watching the last scene of Se7en. I walked out of the theater feeling like it was my head that was in the box! After that one I was hooked.

He has been on a roll since the mid-90's.  The Game, Fight Club. Think about the endings in those two movies alone?Man, he can wrap up an ending like no other.  The only one that didn't get my blood flowing was Zodiac but maybe that is because I've only seen it once, other than that he puts me on the edge of my seat every time.

I'm sure it will be the same when I go see The Social Network.  Based on the preview(which I tried my hardest to avoid but failed) I think its going to be thrilling and sad at the same time.  I know Facebook tried to get it canned because its based on a book called The Accidental Billionaires: 
The Founding of Facebook A Tale of Sex,  Money, Genius and Betrayal.  All I have to say is Damn what a title and Hot damn David Fincher has a new movie coming out today. 

So be happy Mark Zuckerberg your a billionaire.  One of the greatest movie directors of our generation just made a movie about U. So when your kids ask, "Daddy how did we get so rich?"you can roll that 35mm projector at your house and say, "Kids sit down and enjoy the show."


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails