1.12.2011

Dear Mr. Winters



What a great life you had Mr. Winters. You have touched my life like you wouldn't believe. You were cut from a different breed. How blessed I am to know your story.  




Dear Mr. Winters,

It has always been hard for me to transfer my thoughts to paper but when I heard about your death today, I felt thankful that I live in a country that has heard your story. I am grateful for your service and the sacrifice you made for this country.  

Your story has meant a lot to me Mr. Winters. As matter of fact toward the end of every year, I sit down and watch Band of Brothers.  Not because its a great mini series, I mean don't get me wrong it's great, probably the greatest since Lonesome Dove.The reason I watch it every year is not because of all the great action, its because of the interviews.  To see and hear you men, actual heroes, talking about their experiences brings a tear to my eye almost every time. It helps me to re-focus on life and to give thanks to the Lord above for men like yourself.  Without you and others alike we wouldn't be enjoying the freedoms that we do.

I feel like my generation is constantly searching for meaning, we want so badly to leave a mark on this world.  Your generation set the gold standard, you did it not because you had to but because you choose to.  You choose to run into battle, you choose to lead men, you choose to do the right thing.  I just wish my generation would hear stories like yours more often.  We need them.  They help us slow down, sit back and think about the more important things in life.

Mr. Winters I never got the chance to meet you and that is ok.  I consider it a blessing that I can sit here and reflect on your life in a free country. Even though its a sad day knowing your gone. I know your story will live on in the hearts and minds of many Americans and people throughout the world. Thank you so much for the positive influence you have had on me and will have on my family in the future.

Sincerely, 

Richard A. Pearson

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails